I love this recipe so much! Personally I would choose vanilla over chocolate but this cake it just so fantastic that I cant help but enjoy it!!
What you’ll need:
- 1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2-3 oz Unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line or grease your muffin tin.
- In a medium size, separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In your mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on high to beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg in one at a time and beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate. Reduce the speed and add the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the flour, mixing each step until well blended. Stir in the vanilla.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, filling about 2/3. Bake 15 – 20 until the tops are a golden brown. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack. Add your favorite icing once cakes are completely cooled.
Icing choice I am leaving up to your imagination. A vanilla buttercream or peanut butter icing would make this cake irresistible!
Base recipe courtesy of Hello, Cupcake by Karen Tack & Alan Richardson.